UPDATE: CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) As the COVID-19 crisis continues to unfold, DFC’s ministry team is making necessary adjustments to comply with the instructions of our national and local health officials, ensuring we are being responsible to the public’s safety, while effectively ministering to the DFC community. Accordingly, we would like to share the following information regarding DFC’s current state of operations:
DFC SUNDAY LIVE STREAM: Once again, you will be able to join us for worship on Sunday morning beginning at 10:00 am. Please note the following changes:
- Due to the updated gathering limitations, watch parties are no longer encouraged. So, be sure to tune in as a family as we virtually worship together.
- SOMETHING NEW - The live stream will actually begin at 10 am with a special kids church segment. Pastor Craig will be reaching out to DFC Kidz before the worship service begins at 10:15 am.
- We would also like to ask for your help to spread the word so others will join at that time.
DFC CAMPUS: Beginning Wednesday, March 18, the DFC campus will impose limited access to the general public during normal operating hours for the safety of others over the next 2 weeks. We will continue to monitor the instructions of our health officials and adjust as the situation unfolds. The majority of the staff will still be onsite and be available to meet the needs of our church family and community during this time. A list of pastors who will be on-call for emergencies will be made available soon. PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL THE CHURCH OFFICE IF ANY NEED PRESENTS ITSELF.
As a reminder, until further notice, all on-campus ministries and activities have been suspended.
NEW DFC COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
Beginning next week, we will be hosting several online live events through different platforms (Facebook live, youtube live, etc) to create engagements while we are isolated from each other. These live events will cover interests such as bible studies, conversations, prayer time or simply moments to see how people are doing. A schedule will go out this coming weekend via email as well as posted on the website and Instagram. Reach out to DFC if you need instructions on how to access these events.
- Make sure you are signed up to receive DFC email blasts and text messages to ensure you are kept in the loop as things progress.
- Please follow us on INSTAGRAM at dfcdenverfirstchurch to add to your toolbox of information gathering.
- NEW – Our original DFC Facebook page was compromised, so we have launched a new one that we encourage you to join, like and share today! The new page is DFC Community. You can find it on Facebook by searching for DFC Community and look for the DFC logo or search for our username @dfccommunity303. Please join the conversation today and post how you are spending your time social distancing. Share prayer requests, pictures, stories and words of encouragement during this time.
Element Student Ministries will be VIRTUALLY meeting on Wednesday night. All families connected with the youth group are encouraged to consult the ESM App or contact Pastor Scott for detailed information regarding how to join the live event beginning each Wednesday at 6 pm.
THANK YOU: It might go without saying that our faithful giving during this time of uncertainty is vitally important. Thank you so much for your response this past weekend to use the online giving opportunity as well as the many of you who dropped off your gift or mailed it to DFC. We were blown away by your generosity. Let us continue our faithfulness during this crisis so DFC can thrive in the midst of these uncertain days. Again, thank you for your faithfulness. Here are the ways you can join us as we move forward:
- Go to www.denverfirstchurch.com/give (please give us a call if you need assistance in getting yourself setup to give electronically):
- NEW – Subsplash (Note: Subsplash is connected to the new DFC app that will be available in the coming weeks)
- As always, feel free to mail your gift or drop it by the DFC office. If you wish to personally drop off your gift, please contact DFC ahead of time as our campus has very limited access during this time.
Please be sure to reach out to your brothers and sisters in Christ as the Lord leads you. We are better together!!!
- Make a phone call / send a text / write a handwritten note / social media / email / carrier pigeon / Morse code…..whatever it takes to share the love of Christ.
- Pray unceasingly --- The Lord hears the cries of His people
- Soak in the Word of God and stand on His promises
- Use caution and wisdom as you move about
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU / WE LOVE YOU / WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU